Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Books, Updates & Stuff

“The pursuit of passion matters more than the passion” - Dean Karnazes


This is what I have been focused on the past few weeks of my life: the pursuit. It has been an adventure with new books, new people and new ideas that have found there way into my life. I have no idea where this journey is taking me and I'm not even sure that I am on the correct path, but what I do know is that every day I am doing the work and putting in the effort. That is the pursuit of passion.

The above quote is from the book “Ultra Marathon Man”. If you want to be motivated read it.

Let’s talk photography. Later this week we will be shooting a commercial job at the Pittsburgh airport. The last commercial job we did ended up as the main shot on a national advertising campaign. Next time you're in the grocery store pick a copy of “Veg News” and look at the back cover.

The photo above is from my ambient series. I has nothing to do with this post, I just wanted to share it with you.

Photo books are something I hardly ever read. Recently I finished book by Joe McNally, “The Moment It Clicks”. Good book, give it a read.